Jeremy Dale Reveals Trade Secrets at Abu Dhabi Golf Club
15 - November 2011
Abu Dhabi, UAE, January 22nd, 2011: As the world’s leading players battle for supremacy at the 2011 Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf, Jeremy Dale, one of the world’s most sensational golf trick shot performers, has been providing his own form of entertainment away from The National Course’s fairways.
Dale, who has entertained tournament spectators in over 30 countries with his world-class show, has been conducting three daily trick shot masterclasses during the Abu Dhabi event, which ends tomorrow.
And the Englishman’s unbelievable displays, where he drives balls from elevated tees with a baseball and tennis style swings, takes a run-up to hit powerful drives and strikes moving balls on the half-volley, have marvelled thousands of fans.
“Jeremy’s skills have shown how natural talent and regular practice elevate your golf skills to this high level,” said Faisal Al Sheikh, Events Manager, Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority (ADTA), the Championship’s organiser. Having had a one-on-one tutorial with Dale, Al Sheikh was left staggered by the trickster’s prowess.
“I could perform 30 per cent of what he taught me, but I will have to practice for the rest of my life to even attempt the other 70 per cent. Jeremy puts on an amazing show – it is well worth taking some time away from the course to watch,” added Al Sheikh, a playing partner of world number one Lee Westwood in the pre-tournament Pro-Am .
Other visitors were equally impressed. “This guy is fantastic – I don’t think I‘ve ever seen so much skill and fun with a golf club. This has been an excellent tournament with so many entertaining sideline activities; my family and I will be back next year for sure,” said David Cross, an Abu Dhabi resident.
With a stellar field featuring the world number one, the 2010 season’s four Major winners and six of the world’s top 10 players, Dale’s shows demonstrate how ADTA has prioritised off-course entertainment to dovetail drama on The National Course.
While players vie for the US$2.7 million prize fund, the richest purse of the Desert Swing leg of the European Tour, the event features its biggest ever Championship Village, with a host of fun-filled activities for all the family.
Tickets for Sunday’s final round are AED125 for a daily pass, with a preferential rate of AED100 available to EGF members. Children under 18 will be admitted free when accompanied by an adult. Car parking is free during the Championship.
Tickets are available via the event’s official website, www.abudhabihsbcgolfchampionship.com, as well as online at www.timeouttickets.com and www.itptickets.com and on the gate. Phone bookings can be made through the ITP toll-free hotline 800 4669, or for international visitors, +971 4 210 8943.
Also, look out for the Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship Facebook fan page - www.Facebook.com/AbuDhabiHSBCGolfChampionship2011 - which is full of information about the tournament and golfers in attendance. The Twitter feed – www.twitter.com/AbuDhabiGC - provides up-to-the-minute news and scores.
The Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship is backed by a high-profile sponsorship line-up that also includes Saeed and Mohammed Al Naboodah Group, Emirates Palace hotel, Etisalat, TDIC, Rolex, Cadillac, Airbus, CNN, Xerox, Etihad and Gulf News.